First 100 Days: Trade and Jobs: What Trump Can and Can’t Do in the First 100 Days - Crowell & Moring LLP
Trade with Mexico and China were top issues for the Trump campaign, and recent developments suggest corporations may be in store for significant change under a Trump Administration. Could we be looking at an entirely different economic framework after January 20? How will manufacturers be impacted? Crowell & Moring International Trade Group partners Daniel Cannistra and John Brew discuss anxiety in the marketplace and how trade could change under President Trump.
Covered in this 23 minute podcast:
- What are Trump’s promises on trade and can he fulfill them? What authority does the president have to alter trade agreements? What challenges might he face?
- NAFTA and the possibility of tariffs on Mexican imports.
- What can Trump do with respect to China?
- What is the likelihood that the proposed border adjustment tax could go through?
- What is a trade war, and what might cause it?
- What agencies should large, multinational companies be looking to throughout the first 100 days to watch for trade updates?
Visit crowell.com/CMFirst100 for more information.